You’ve heard about this conference and have decided that you need to get involved! That’s great. We’d love to have you! There are so many ways to engage in this remarkable event.
We Need YOU!
No matter who you are, we want your help spreading the word to as many people as possible. Events like this are extremely rare but transgender and gender non-conforming kids are not! Families need information and support and children need to see that one, they amazing human beings and, two, that they are not alone.
Presenting at Gender Odyssey Family
Share your knowledge with others – Submit a workshop proposal!
Many of you have gained valuable experience as you’ve traversed the complex path of gender exploration – either your own or that of someone else. For some, it may have started…
- …when the first trans child entered your office or practice.
- …when you were asked to explain how you “knew” your child was transgender.
- …as you sought to keep a/your child safe at school.
- …when you found ways to support child’s sibling in this journey.
These avenues (and many, many others) have led some of you to step into a greater educational role to help schools, organizations, and communities understand gender identity/trans issues and incorporate positive change. If you’d like to engage in our program, we’d love to consider your workshop submission!
Reach Out To Our Audience
If you are someone – a provider, an organization, a researcher, etc. – who wants to reach the Gender Odyssey Family audience, there are a number of ways to do this:
- Becoming a sponsor of the conference is a way to get high visibility for your organization, your research project, or any number of other reasons. We will work with you to customize the right sponsorship package to meet your needs.
- Participating in our vendor fair or advertising in our program book are great ways to share information, reach conference attendees, or let them know about your services.
Volunteer Your Time
Last, but definitely not least, we cannot create this event without you. Many attendees volunteer their time as a way to meet others, defray expenses, or to contribute to an event that has given so much to them. We have a number of volunteer opportunities available and we’d greatly appreciate your help.
This conference would not be the powerful event it is without the energies and input of all the people like you that dive in to make it happen. Our thanks and gratitude!