Though exact times and some locations are still to be determined, the conference schedule can reliably be used when making travel arrangements. Plan on arriving in Seattle by early afternoon on Thursday, Aug 24th and leaving in the later evening on Sunday, Aug 27th. We’d love to see you at our Wind-Down Party so consider spending one more night and leaving on Monday! On this page:
- Seattle University Housing
- Executive Hotel Pacific
- Silver Cloud Hotel
- Additional Hotel Options
- Room & Ride Share
- Seattle Travel Info
Executive Hotel Pacific
Built in 1928, the historic Executive Hotel Pacific offers West Coast style and a glimpse of Seattle’s rich heritage. Located in the heart of downtown, local attractions and business centers are easily accessible by foot or public transportation.
- Exclusive wine reception for hotel guests, hosted nightly from 5 – 6 pm
- Complimentary wireless internet in all guest rooms and common areas
- Cardio fitness center
- Secure valet parking available with in and out privileges
- In-room safe
- Upgraded bedding package, including pillow-top mattresses
- Air conditioning
- Electronic door lock
Special Gender Odyssey Conference Rates:
Rates apply to Wednesday, August 23, 2017 through Monday evening, August 28, 2017.
• $209 Single Queen
• $229 Double Full
How to Book:
- Reserve early – special group rate is honored only if rooms are available
- Must book by July 14, 2017, to get special conference rates.
- To make reservations, contact email@example.com or call 206-777-7102
- Ask for Gender Odyssey Group Rate
- Complete reservation with your personal information
Stay in a single, double, or quad dormitory room within a 20-minute walk to the Convention Center at a MUCH lower rate than offered by our designated conference hotels! Find out more »
Silver Cloud Hotel
We’ve secured a special reduced group rate for attendees at the Silver Cloud Broadway. The Silver Cloud is located at Broadway and Madison, in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, a pleasant 20-minute walk from the main conference venue. 100% smoke-free. Rates include:
- High speed complimentary internet access in guestrooms
- Free local phone calls
- Courtesy shuttle to the main conference venue, downtown Seattle, the Space Needle, and more
- Complimentary guest laundry facilities
- Indoor swimming pool, spa, and fitness room
- On-site restaurant
- Guest parking is $30/night plus tax
Special Gender Odyssey Family Conference Rates:
Rates apply to Wednesday, August 21, 2017 through Sunday, August 28, 2017
** If you need to book guest rooms outside of the event dates, please contact the hotel directly.** Discount rate good through 7/23/2017.
King Room: $259
Double Queen Room: $269
How to Book:
- Follow this link: GO2017
- On the left side of the screen please select desired arrival/departure dates and the number of people and then ‘Check Availability’. This will pull up the Hotel’s regular rates. Click on “Search for Availability.”
- Then Click on “Reserve” for the room type you prefer.
It will take you to a page where guests can enter all their information.
- Finally, Click on “Make a Reservation” and your guests should receive a reservation confirmation email shortly thereafter.
Group rates are net, non-comissionable & exclusive of lodging tax.
Please note a $15.00 taxable surcharge is applied for each adult beyond double occupancy. There is a max of (4) four individuals per guestroom, regardless of guestroom type.
- Call the hotel toll free at 1-800-590-1801 (or locally at 206-325-1400).
- Ask for the “GO 2017” rate and mention the group ID GO2017.
- Complete reservation with your personal information.
Additional Hotel Options:
- Green Tortoise Hostel
- Moore Hotel
- City Hostel Seattle
- Quality Inn
- LaQuinta Inn
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hyatt Place Downtown
- Four Points Sheraton
- Hyatt Olive 8
Ride & Room Share
If you are looking for a roommate to share hotel expenses or someone to carpool to the conference with, consider joining our GO Room & Ride Share Facebook group. Once a member you can post requests for carpools and room shares. (Note that for shared rooms at Seattle U, you must have a roommate selected before registering for housing.)
This is a private group and is not visible to anyone other than members of the group. Anyone can join, but they must be invited by an existing member. Any member can add or approve members. Please limit discussions to conference-related content only.
If you want to join the group, please do one of the following:
- Ask a current member, if you know one;
- Go to the Gender Odyssey Family Facebook page logged in with the account you want to use to join the group, and send the administrator a private message; or
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the group. You’ll need to provide either the URL of your Facebook account or the email address to which the account is tied so that we can ensure we add the right person.
We are excited to welcome you to Seattle, one of the most accepting cities for transgender and gender variant people in the world. We can’t wait to see you! There are a number of ways to get around the city or to and from the airport. We’ll have more detailed information for you as the conference nears.
Also, check out Seattle University’s page of Seattle travel resources covering:
- Sea-Tac International Airport: Cabs, shuttle express, light rail and metro bus information
- Puget Sound traffic conditions: Current traffic conditions
- King County Metro Transit: Metro services, alerts, destinations, reports and contact information
- Amtrak: Train timetables, stations, routes and deals
- Travel in Washington: Hotels, car rentals, road trips, destinations guides, outdoor fun and special places
- Seattle Citysearch: Restaurants, hotels, shopping, movies and events
- Best of Seattle: News, music, calendar, restaurants, arts and movies
Weather: August is often a sunny, beautiful month in the Pacific Northwest but we are located in a rain forest so please prepare for all possibilities.